I don’t know about you, but I have a tough time putting a decent breakfast together in the morning. Work for me starts at 7 am … and I am not a morning person. This means my first meal of the day more often than not consists of a packet of oatmeal mixed with hot water, sleepily stirred together when I arrive at the office. Thankfully, and with a little help from Pinterest, I’ve found a way to give boring old oatmeal an upgrade: breakfast cookies! They’re easy to make and grab as you’re heading out the door, plus these babies are low in sugar and contain no flour or dairy.
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 2–3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- .5 cup of dried cranberries
- cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop balls of the mixture onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cookies are golden and mixture achieves a solid consistency.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
Et voila! An easy—and healthy—breakfast for those of us who like our snooze buttons. This is a cookie best served warm so, unless you’re eating it straight out of the oven, be sure to pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Enjoy!